Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions before getting your device/devices repaired. By proceeding with repair, the customer has confirmed that they have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions as stated on this page.
Be advised that all information and prices relating to repair on our website are general guidelines. We cannot confirm many things without assessing a device in person.
Please also see: Important Information About Your Repair
- Most repairs carried out by Talkback Comms come with a 12-month warranty. This applies if a replacement component develops a fault within this time period (12 months from initial collection date). This warranty is linked to the specific device, specific components and specific customer as identified by our records. Software services, liquid damage and logic board repairs have limited warranty or no warranty depending on the nature of the fault. Faults relating to Face ID can occur after repair and are not covered under warranty. PC, Laptop & MacBook repairs come with a 6-month warranty unless stated otherwise. If Talkback Comms deems the occurrence of any fault within the warranty period to be due to physical damage, accidental damage, liquid damage, reckless use, misuse of accessories, pre-existing damage/faults or third-party tampering/repair work; then the warranty is void. Cracked glass will not be replaced under warranty. Talkback Comms will take all necessary steps to fully seal a water-resistant device but does not guarantee equivalent protection to that of the original factory seal.
- If Talkback Comms opens or works on your device, this may void its manufacturer warranty. Talkback Comms is not liable in any way for any costs or issues that result from this. Be advised that physical damage of any sort is not covered by manufacturer warranty.
- Some Apple parts are serialised, meaning that they will register as an Unknown Part in Device History.
- Sufficient evidence of prior repair or entitlement to having a repair completed under any warranty or guarantee may be required before we proceed with a repair under-warranty.
- If a fault that is covered under warranty cannot be rectified, Talkback Comms will issue a refund or partial refund where applicable.
- If the warranty period for a device or replacement component has expired, there will be additional charges for any repair work. If the device or replacement component has sustained any damage (see term 1), there will be additional charges for any repair work – this includes cracked or damaged glass. The customer will be made aware if this is the case.
- It is advised that the customer contacts Talkback Comms before returning a device to be repaired under-warranty. This can help establish whether the fault is covered under warranty and rule-out other causes.
- Talkback Comms will only repair the fault requested at the price agreed upon beforehand. Any additional faults or diagnoses will be quoted for and agreed upon separately before being completed. Additional faults that develop or progress outside of our control are not our responsibility and will not be covered under the terms of this warranty.
- Talkback Comms’ ability to fully test and warrant a repair is based on their ability to test it before and after repair. The customer is therefore advised that they provide access to their device or supply their pass code.
- Talkback Comms charges an inspection fee of £12 including VAT. This will apply for diagnostic services and inspection or assistance regarding hardware or software faults. The fee also applies if the customer later declines the repair/service. This fee is accounted for in any repair costs. Ask if this fee will apply to you.
- Advanced services and logic board repairs are subject to an increased degree of risk and complexity. Talkback Comms cannot guarantee that these services will be successful or accept responsibility for the resultant loss of any data or functionality. These services may still be subject to a labour fee if unsuccessful.
- Talkback Comms does not accept responsibility for the loss of any data on the device. It is the customers responsibility to back up the device beforehand. The customer will be made aware if the device is going to be wiped or any data is likely to be lost. The customer is also advised to remove their SIM Card and/or memory card from the device.
- Talkback Comms will not be held liable for any claims or damage of any type or description that may arise from any work performed on your device.
- Talkback Comms is not liable for any delay or failure of performance of our obligations under this agreement arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control.
- Talkback Comms is GDPR compliant, and will not store passwords or sensitive customer data, unless absolutely necessary and agreed upon with the customer. Talkback Comms will record and/or store the minimum essential data required for carrying out the agreed upon service, and will immediately destroy any data that is no longer required. Essential information and records are stored on a private and secure system.
- Talkback Comms will take your name and contact details to provide updates (i.e. when your device is ready for collection), and to provide after-sales support.
- In some circumstances, Talkback Comms may send your device to an alternative location, or sub-contract repair work.
- Full payment is required upon or before collection/return of the device.
- Some customers are eligible for discounts and other benefits. In the event that the customer is unable to provide sufficient evidence of eligibility, they will not be granted any discounts or other benefits. See who is eligible here. Talkback Comms may opt to provide any customer a bespoke discount on a case-by-case basis at their own discretion.
- Talkback Comms will endeavour to complete any repairs as quickly as possible, though cannot guarantee when a device will be ready in some circumstances. Any time estimate for completion does not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement. A device cannot be returned to the customer whilst the agreed upon service is in process or incomplete. Ask when your device is likely to be ready for collection.
- If after 3 months the customer has not paid for or collected their device, Talkback Comms may take legal action to obtain payment, and reserves the right to recycle the device in order to recover costs. Talkback Comms will make attempts to contact the customer before reaching this stage. There is no storage fee.
- If sending equipment via post to Talkback Comms without a shipping label provided by us, it is recommended that a tracked postal service is used. It is essential that the contents are protectively packaged. Talkback Comms does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged parcels or their contents that have been sent or dropped off by the customer.
- If returning equipment via post to Talkback Comms for repair/inspection under warranty, the customer is to organise and pay for postage arrangements to the repair centre. Talkback Comms will organise and cover postage arrangements back to the customer.
- For our collection and return services, we will return the device to the address that you specify on our form. We do not accept responsibility for devices that are reported missing or lost under any circumstances. Please ensure that you have entered the correct return address.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that their personal details, address and information and history of their device is honest and accurate. Failure to provide correct information may result in delays or other issues.
- The terms & conditions outlined on this page are applicable to devices that were purchased from Talkback Comms. Read about device warranty here.
- The terms & conditions outlined on this page are applicable to devices that are registered with Talkback Comms Accidental Damage Cover. Read about Accidental Damage Cover here.
- By proceeding, the customer understands and agrees to the terms & conditions and is encouraged by Talkback Comms to discuss any queries they have.
Additional Terms & Conditions Specifically For Bookings During The Coronavirus Outbreak
- If we are posting your device back to you, we will not be asking for confirmation of delivery by signature. We will return the device to the address that you specify on our form. We do not accept responsibility for devices that are reported missing or lost. Please ensure that you have entered the correct return address.
- If we suspect that you have not answered the health questions on the booking form honestly, we will cease contact.
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel any booking if we deem it to be unnecessary or unsafe, or if we cannot provide the service.
- Full payment of the agreed amount will be required before we return your device or deliver any products. This will be taken via cash, card over the phone, or through our website via PayPal.
Print: Postage Label & Repair Sheet
How To Post Your Device To Us